Sink unit types

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My last sink unit from Wickes, way back when, had no worktop that needed cutting out to accommodate an inset sink, the top of the unit was a stainless sink/drainer/worktop combined: it just sat on top of the base unit, was about 40 deep with a rounded bull nose front edge that projected slightly over the top of the unit doors - the same profile as a worktop, so you could butt an adjacent laminate worktop up to it..

I skipped it when the kitchen floor came up to install a CU, the base was a shot and the drainer had a ding in it

I was in b&q the other day and the whole set-up looks like it's geared to sell a design & fit, and Homebase, etc..

I don't want a 'dream' or 'statement' kitchen!

Is such a thing as my old unit with that type of top still available?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
A lot of them don't seem to have tap holes but I found these..

https://www.plumbnation.co.uk/site/stainless-steel-sit-on-sinks/

It's a shame that rear upstand doesn't continue around whichever end the bowl is, still, it's definitely a result.

I always thought that these sinks, with a significant raised upstand/splashback along rear and one side would effectively remove the need for tiling in the corner of the kitchen.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
So you need a base unit ,width and length ,to fit in your available space.And then the size of sink to suit. Jobs a good un !!

This time, before it's completed, I'm going to replace that nut and screw that go down thru the ctr of the plug, the one that draws the top of the waste pipe and plughole seal assembly all together...with identical copies..in stainless.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back