Sink waste into 1900s Soil Stack?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have looked for an answer to this issue and been unable to find one on the forum so it has prompted my first post.

I am reconfiguring a turn of the century bathroom and it will require me to move the WC waste and Sink waste.

The WC waste goes into the Soil Stack, the Sink waste goes into a hopper on the rainwater gutters. It will be troublesome to get the new sink waste to the existing hopper but not impossible.

My thought was instead of reinstating both wastes out of the wall is it possible to take the sink waste into the WC waste internally thus only requiring a penetration for the WC waste through the wall?

I understand it is accepted practice on new builds to take waste water into the soil stack but I am unsure of the pitfalls of doing this on a 1900 property and whether it is ok to make this connection internally?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Paul.

Sponsored Links
No reason why sink cannot be connected internally, as a matter of fact wastes into hoppers are now banned other than as a direct replacement for an existing.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies.

With the house being 1900 it is already a waste in the hopper system so will be OK on that front if this doesn't work out.

The Downpipe is Cast Iron, I am not moving the WC much just a foot or so looking to put the new plastic waste into the existing connection. There is plenty fall on the current pipe so shouldn't be an issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back