Sink waste - through joists

Thanks guys.

dcawkwell, drew this before seeing your post. Could I do this - tee into the bath waste below floorboards and take outsite. I didn't take into account bath waste in the first drawing.

The bath waste would be above floor until it comes in line with the basin waste, where it will 90 degree elbow down under the floor, where it meets the tee. No joist drilling required that way.

View media item 70760
muggles, is the 40mm requirement for anything after 1.7m, or the whole run? Not that it matters as 40mm all the way would be fine. Would I need a 40mm basin waste or is there an 32>40mm adapter? I guess a 40mm waste would look neater though.

Sponsored Links
Are you doing it in solvent weld? If so, fitting reducers are available. If the location is inaccessible then I would only ever use solvent weld.

Should ideally be 40mm all the way, reducing to 32mm at the trap, although in reality a 32mm vertical drop increasing to 40mm at the inlet side of the elbow to the horizontal run should be fine

Mogget - yes! Will actually be getting a pro in for the plumbing.

Muggles - That's what I was thinking - 32mm vertical drop from trap, then increase at the elbow.

Sponsored Links
One last question - can you get an equivalent of this in 110mm, or are 2 45mm elbows required?

http://www.wickes.co.uk/content/ebiz/wickes/resources/images/guttering/12.jpg

As this is what I was thinking to get the toilet away from the wall a bit more without having to use flexible pan connectors or loadsaelbows. In any case it may be required as a run of nearly 2.4m will want to be clipped to something, in some way?

View media item 70919
Joist locations are rough - right by the door I can see nails in the floorboards so took this as center, then every 400mm is the center of the next joist.

EDIT: And use one of these on the basin, to stop the bath syphoning the basin trap.

http://www.plumbnation.co.uk/site/m...on--p--trap/?gclid=CLOZ6tOo2rsCFfKWtAodsBEAXQ

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back