Sinkwaste blocked caused dishwasher to fill with waste water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Absolute DIY beginner here with a waste/dishwaster problem and looking for kind words of advice please.

Washing machine waste water was forced back up into the kitchen sink and dishwasher causing flood to the floor due to pipe blockage between kitchen sink and soil stack.

Did manage to clear the blockage with good old fashioned sink plunger and initial powering up of Bosch integrated d/washer did appear to empty the waste water in the bottom.

The problem I have now is that the d/washer appears to be stuck in drain mode. As soon as I press the power button on the door and before I close the door the pump starts draining.

If I leave it running it eventually stops and then 10-15 mins later simply kicks back in again and carries on draining.

I've tried using the 3 finger reset option but this seems to simply put all the lights on and nothing more.

Any help or ideas before I'm forced to go down the expensive repair route option would be very gratefully received.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back