Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My bocsh dishwasher has twice been full of water when I went to use it. I suspect it hadn't drained at the end of the cycle but it was free from water when I took the dishes out. Is there any way water can get back into the machine from the sink waste pipe? The dishwasher waste pipe was completely full of filthy water but the filters appear clean. Could is it just a blocked waste pipe?

Sponsored Links
My bocsh dishwasher has twice been full of water when I went to use it. I suspect it hadn't drained at the end of the cycle but it was free from water when I took the dishes out.

Did it go through the drain cycle ?
is the waste connected to the sink trap ?
is the waste from dishwasher supported properly as per mi's ?

Sponsored Links
your hose has probably dropped where is says "hook" in the picture, if it has dropped the waste water from the sink is running into the bottom of the d/washer.

http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/plumbing_in_a_washing_machine_or.htm[/QUOTE]

Cheers mate!! That is a good advice. I can see the problem, the dishwasher waste pipe has been fitted much too close to the U bend in the sink and there is no "hook" too. I've had the dishwasher 2 years and it has done this only twice, when it was a year old and now again on it's second birthday. Is it just a gradual build up of debris form the sink blocking the pipe and backing up into the machine?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back