Dodgy Dishwasher!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

My Whirlpool dishwasher starts to fill up again from the drain up when the machine has finished it's cycle and is off. Over a few days of non use the level gets higher and higher to almost door seal level. There are no obvious signs of dripping from water in let( plus water doesn't look clean). I think it only seems to happen when I run the kitchen tap. The waste from the dishwasher does feed into the sink waste pipe. Is there a non return valve on the waste pipe from the dishwasher that might be broken and that is why this is occurring? If so is it easy to get a part and replace it?

Whirlpool DWF 416W

Any advice greatly appreciated!!! :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Water tends to run downhill.
Make sure the sink-trap isn't blocked & drain hose is mounted correctly. The hose has to be routed so that it rises in a bow above the height of sink-trap before it connects to the spigot. Tie it up or strap it to the underside of the worktop.

Thanks Zipper

I'll give that ago! I guess it's pretty obvious when you think about, thanks for pointing it out.

Cheers

Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back