site electrical

teesdale spark - thanks for the useful reply. that was the basic idea to what i was going to do

also, my apologies for all the repeat posts. my computer often resubmits if i click back

Sponsored Links
Simon_Davis said:
all i asked for was any info in regulations etc, but since youd rather tell me i have to get a generator when there is already a working supply, and all you have done is moan, ill just take none of your advice. its getting done.

i some how thought you would say that.

i am sorry that the rules / regulations do not comply with you.

I am also sorry that you are not willing to listen to suggestions.

even others have posted on here trying to help but you just adopt the "i will do it my way, regardless of the rules / regulations" wayu of things, i have tried to help, but you do not wish to know.

breezer said:
what you do and how you do it is up to you.

if i were in your shoes, but not being qualified i would hire a generator and some site lights,cables etc from local hire shop

why a seperate generator if there is already a supply?

(sorry, havent done much with site electrical)

andrew2022 said:
breezer said:

if i were in your shoes, but not being qualified i would hire a generator and some site lights,cables etc from local hire shop

because the poster is not qualified to install a consumers unit himself, electricains will be coming in 2 months to do everythng for him, but he wants power now.

may i ask that you read all posts from the top and draw your own conclusion

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
andrew2022 said:
breezer said:

because the poster is not qualified to install a consumers unit himself, electricains will be coming in 2 months to do everythng for him, but he wants power now.

may i ask that you read all posts from the top and draw your own conclusion

i have read them, but was wondering if there was a reason for the generator and not using the existing supply other than him not bein able to connect to it

Simon_Davis said:
the toop floor is being used for living in
So it's a dwelling, then, therefore if you are in England or Wales Part P of the Building Regulations apply

all i asked for was any info in regulations etc, but since youd rather tell me i have to get a generator when there is already a working supply, and all you have done is moan, ill just take none of your advice. its getting done.
Why bother posting, wasting your time and everybody else's when your attitude is "if I don't get advice that agrees with what I want to do I'll ignore the advice and do what I want to do anyway."??

Simon - you need to relise that temprary site electrical has to be done safely. there is a greater risk or accident/injury with temporary wiring

Just ask your electrician if he can install a temp board and a few outlets now, just a few accessories on a wall with surface cableing is going to be a much quicker job than a complete wire, so as long as you ask nicely and explain the situation, then I'm sure he will be able to squeeze you in. Then its just a case of plugging stuff in the same as it would be with a generator, and you arn't doing anything more taxing than plugging appliances and extension cables in and making sure they don't trail across the third step from the top of a darkened stairwell...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back