Site/plot ratios and footprints in the UK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone if there is policy guidance or restrictions on plot ratios and footprints of developments in the UK (specifically Cambridgeshire) and where one might go about finding it? Haven't been able to find much information! Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
I think I might have a design guide somewhere.......bear with me.

I know I was looking at minimum garden spaces just the other day so I must have it to hand.

All local authorities are different. The information you need will be in the local plan for the area. Also check to see if there is an emerging plan not yet adopted.

Sponsored Links
They are different, yes, as they have to take into consideration what they require in their own area.

Do a search for PPS 3 and this will explain a little but it doesn't give you a blueprint.

If you send me a PM with your email address I'll send one councils guide for extensions and new build - read through it an see if there's anything that can help you. I'm sure there's plenty in this guide to help you to design a development scheme that can be submitted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back