Site Transformer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I tested a 110 site transformer today and it was only putting out 55v...

I done an IR test and no neutral faults and cable is fine...

I havn't come across this before. Is it anything to do with the transformer being earthed at the centre point of the transformer and there is a fault on it?

Thanks for any replies :)

Sponsored Links
nah the outlets were fine too should of added that soz ;)
Can you be sure, was the transformer resin filled obscuring how the output wires had been connescted internally to the windings they may have been wrongly attached at the manufacturers.

Sponsored Links
this isnt a new transformer and was working previously i see your point but then that would have been f***ed from new.

I recon you know alot more about it than me tho so ill shut it thanks for help

this isnt a new transformer and was working previously i see your point but then that would have been f***ed from new.

I recon you know alot more about it than me tho so ill shut it thanks for help
If previously working and no one has tampered with it then your original thoughts may be correct? Either that or the equipment connected has been running slow ;)

Were you by any chance measuring the output voltage with respect to earth?

was the 55V measured on load or off load, if off load what is the reading with a load applied?

i tested without load but didn't try with one on mate just put it down to transformer problem.... :confused:

What is the supply voltage to the transformer and what is it's rated supply voltage? Putting 240v into the primary of a 415v tranny will mean a low output ;)

And if one side of the windings went down it would also give you odd voltages, but would also likely blow the primary fuse.

Defo measuring 'L to N'?

its a 240v input and a 110v output (well meant to be)...

This is why i posted it on forum cos its a weird one

i checked all obvious things rated voltage, supply, cable etc

Ever seen it before?

Yea DEFO measured L-N

We did once have a site transformer which had one of the sockets wired incorrectly. Can you pop the lid off it and have a look inside?

yea ill have a look at that tomorrow...

When i tested it i tested at all the outlets and they were all putting out 55v

but yea ill have a look tho

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back