Site update

I just wanted to say that the forum looks even better with the new sections added.

Well done to the forum team :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Have to agree with breezer (yet again :evil: !!), the new layout is excellent. No more traipsing through c/h boiler problems to see if I can still legally turn me kettle on without having to employ a fully competent/registered/documentated sparky ;) :D :D

How About a Car Maintenance Section, Maybe This Would Treble Your "Users" :confused:

paulh53 said:
How About a Car Maintenance Section, Maybe This Would Treble Your "Users" :confused:

I See That We Have Two "Car Forums" Now :cool:

Sponsored Links
Yes I'm in agreement - the board is looking good.

Perhaps a mod could help settle a minor issue that is brewing in the diy general forums. which bulletin board system is it that you are using?

looks like phpBB to me - but perhaps it could be vbulletin

cheers. keep up the good work

Diynot,

I have noticed all my img pictures in all my posts now have a red cross on it, any reason ? or it is me ?

Hi Masona,

I had a quick look through some of your posts and could only find one image, this image was about plastering, a link to a picture on a loft site and this picture was missing, but that was because they had moved it on there site.

Do you have any examples specifically?

Thanks for getting back, I'm think I'm having problem with my downloading software.

Diynot,
Is there a free hosting that will allow a image hot linking that is acceptable on your website or does anyone know ?

Hi Masona, sorry for the delay, but if you look here there are a couple of suggestions, you can always send them to [email protected] and I'll stick them on here.

Diynot.com,

I have copy & paste this from the 'electric section' and I like the idea of ban-all-sheds using the fractions & characters which make it easy to read.

ban-all-sheds said:
[You can then select, and then copy/paste a range of useful characters, including ² & ³, fractions such as ¼ ½ ¾,
Just wondered if it's possible for diynot.com to upgrade the fractions & useful characters on the ' Post a reply' tool bar menu ? Would be a better communication on this forum.

Just has a another thought, would it be a good idea to have another forum section such as "Household Hints", "Handy & Tips" or "Good Idea".

We now know hairspray can removed ink from leather sofa ! (those who are reading this make sure you try it on out of sight area first!) I think it would keep the forum tidy together for handy tips, what do you think ?

Diynot,

I noticed in the Electric forum, quite a lot of alarm & telephone questions as it seems to the best place for it, would it be a good idea to have a alarm & telephone forum seperated from the electric forum?

just joined and have found people really helpful on here

a few posts mention the "for reference" part of the site, how do i get to this as i can see no actual link

many thanks

Sponsored Links
Back