Sizing an esbe mixing valve for use with VR71 and Sensocomfort

• Thread starter Deleted member 281264
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 281264

Hi,

I need an esbe valve to regulate UFH temps and allow my heating system to run 3 different flow temperates

Does anyone know how to size these? it is quite hard to find info on them

Sponsored Links
The valve will have a rated cv value. You need to match this to the flow requirements of your UFH system and boiler output. The ESBE valve will only need to accomodate the boiler flow, with the UFH zones being independently regulated/balanced. I would think that the ESBE fitted to the same size as your boiler flow pipework would be well within tolerance. Your controls will modulate the valve to match your system.

Thanks pal much appreciated, I have been going down the rabbit hole of researching advanced boiler modulation setups and some say it's very important to get the KV rating on the valve right to ensure authority. For 22mm pipework there is three different esbe ones so I will just go for the one in the middle and hope for the best!

I also was wondering if it's ok to have the esbe mixing valve by the boiler (loft) and then keep the pump on the UFH manifold ground floor? do you reckon this would work or new pump needed by the boiler?

Sponsored Links
If on facebook search for the heating system design group, they'll advise. guessing and hoping for the best doesn't always work out.

Thanks pal much appreciated, I have been going down the rabbit hole of researching advanced boiler modulation setups and some say it's very important to get the KV rating on the valve right to ensure authority. For 22mm pipework there is three different esbe ones so I will just go for the one in the middle and hope for the best!

I also was wondering if it's ok to have the esbe mixing valve by the boiler (loft) and then keep the pump on the UFH manifold ground floor? do you reckon this would work or new pump needed by the boiler?
Hi td2304,

Did you go for the middle KVs rated valve in the end and has your choice been performing ok?
I'm in the same position so would be keen to hear your experiences on this.

thanks

There is an esbe app you can use go size your valve correctly, definitely do not guess. Valve authority is important.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back