sizing room for radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI
can anyone tell me when you size a radiator for a room ( it's a large room) should you include the heat output of the gas fire?
cheers

Sponsored Links
weegie said:
HI
can anyone tell me when you size a room for a radiator ( it's a large room) should you include the heat output of the gas fire?
cheers

Personally I wouldn't as unless you are always going to use the fire and heating together then your radiator would be undersized.

"Sizing room for radiators"

Do you really want to start with a radiator and the build a suitable size room around it???

Most people start with a room and use calculations or rule of thumb to decide what rad size is needed.

Last year this fellow came into the merchant and wanted a rad to fit a certain sized room. The staff got out his Mears slide calculator, Dan got his laptop and I thought about it in my head!

Dan and I were within 5% and the Mears was about 10% higher, later Dan hired the staff member.

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back