Skimming over newly emulsioned walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I Have very recently had our garage converted and had the walls plastered boarded then skim finished.

When I painted the walls with silk emulsion I noticed a slight defect so I sanded it back and skimmed it feathering the edges with polly filla.

After sanding it smooth I painted it again with the roller but the polyfilla all peeled off the wall.

The area concerned is now about 250mm x 250mm.

How do I go about making the repair so the filler stays on the wall during painting.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
HI - Not sure what you mean by mist coat?

All I did was sand the newly painted wall (I thought to get a key for the filler) then apply with a filling knife.

I didn't prep the wall with PVA or the like

HI - Not sure what you mean by mist coat?

All I did was sand the newly painted wall (I thought to get a key for the filler) then apply with a filling knife.

I didn't prep the wall with PVA or the like
a mist coat is a watered down coat of emulsion used to seal the bare plaster b4 painting, also if you have any blemishes on your skim they are treated with easifill or similar which is then again given a 2nd mist coat to seal the filler so it dont come off or show up in the final coating stages

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back