Skin on Gloss URGENT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I a have just reopened a nearly full 5 litre tin of "non drip" paint. there is a thick skin on it. I have managed to remove it. However, the other half insist that we should bin it, and buy new. Fair enough, but it is snowing, I am short of time and want to get it done today and we are supposed to be in lockdown, and, allegedly, police are stopping folk coming out of the likes of B&Q.

Is using the deskinned paint a waste of time - it LOOKS and FEELS okay?

Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Should be OK , just make sure all the skin is removed and not broken up in the paint .

Thanks for that. Since posting, and before your comment, I read that the gunk is the resin component, and that by removing, rather than remixing, the paint will not “set”, and may be permanently tacky.

It does, sort of, make sense - or is it a flight of fancy

Sponsored Links
Buy new.
If they stop you tell them you stole the paint from b&q and they'll let you go with apologies.
They don't like dealing with criminals, they only bully law abiding citizens.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back