skip hire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will be hiring a small skip on monday ,I will be filling it with bricks and paving offcuts only.Would I be in order if I asked for a discount on the price of the skip, being it will only be filled with hardcore material.

Sponsored Links
no harm in asking. ;)

you must insure there is no contamination of foreign materials, i.e. wood, packaging material, cement bags, tonne sacks etc.

be aware, you may find that you overtly restrict the rubbish that you wish to be carted away.

Sponsored Links
my company give me a discount on clean only hardcore or topsoil. but it has to be exactly that. I dont know if they only do it for trade though

All waste is subject to landfill tax, currently (I think) £3 a tonne for inert (soil, bricks, concrete etc.) and £36 a tonne for anything else. Plus VAT of course. Most skip hire companies should give a discount for inert if you can assure them it is all inert!

Crew I work for offer free tip for CLEAN hardcore, it's crushed and sold. Amazing how many say its clean only to find bits of wood, plastic, cement bags etc. Then someone has to be paid to pick all that out before it can be crushed.

my grab lorry man has a price for clean and one for mixed.
£40 dearer for the tiniest bit of mixed :cry:
worth asking.

i use a grab whenever i can now, it works out much cheaper for me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back