Where would I buy/hire a cover for a skip?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,
I've had no luck searching this subject so had to start this new thread, I'm afraid.

I'm about to hire a skip but concerned about it being used by every man and his dog in the local area.

None of the skip hire companies I called provided a heavy duty cover but did suggest I hire one seperately.

Can anyone advise where I could hire one? I've tried HSS and hirecentres.com without joy.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
i never bother. i see some guys use a tarpaulin and lash it around the skip. If its anything like working in brighton, you can usually bet on stuff being taken out rather than being put in it.

What is it you'll be getting rid of? For lightweight waste some companies may be able to supply a lidded bin that you would be able to lock.

just buy a cheap tarp.from your local market.

i remember doing a job in brighton few years back and the skip was delivered when we had knocked off for the day(past 5pm),when we arrived in the morning i have never seen so much crud loaded into a skip in my life,it must have been at least 6' above it,did make us laugh though, :LOL:

Sponsored Links
weve literally had people stopping in cars as theyve gone past to take stuff from skips in the middle of brighton. They can take as much as they like as far as im concerned! :LOL:

Thanks all for reposnding.
Skip will have to be in situ for a week so I'm gonna take my chances and leave it topless (!!) for the first few days and make a call after that.
I'm in south London so I reckon I'll have a good balance of tippers vs scoungers!!

i reckon it will be filled up in 1 night if left uncovered.

Given the cost of the skip hire I'd be after putting a tarp over it at least.

And use wire & padlocks, not just rope.

Will it matter is covered?

Most people will then just throw their rubbish on top of any cover, or leave it next to the skip

leaving it next to the skip will certainly be illegal dumping.

Methinks its best to get it delivered on the day its going to be filled.

Unfortunately thats the way things are going these days.

I'm in south London so I reckon I'll have a good balance of tippers vs scoungers!!

In sarf lundun, I'd be more worried about someone nicking the skip.

Eez not wrong, some people rand 'ere will nick anyFinK!!!!

chris_jackson.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back