Skips

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys
I am about to order an 8 cubic yd builders skip to be placed on my driveway.
The cost is £120, I am in london is that about the going rate as I fear I may need a couple.
Cheers
Pete

Sponsored Links
ring round several companies and compare like for like then you will know

Sponsored Links
Fluffster said:
Hi Guys
The cost is £120, I am in london is that about the going rate as I fear I may need a couple.
Cheers
Pete

dont assume they'll take any care of your drive. Block paving, especially, will be damaged and they'll say "not our problem"

Hi,

Dont forget the old grab lorry!! Depending on what waste you have that is.

Use old boards and sheets to protect drive if possible.

Hi Guys
Cheers
Pete

just paid £205 for an 8 yard in the suburbs the other day.......

and to think i use to believe that £120 was a bit steep 4 years ago............

What is that London skip firm's phone number? I need a skip up here and they are £140 ..... for cash

I paid £190 for a skip a couple of weeks ago, i rang around and the best price i got was £184 but with a four day delay, so went for the other one, thats down Nr Farnham Surrey, crazy prices.....

yar, a lot of landfill tax to force the skip operators to recycle rather than land fill - it works but it is crippling to those who have to pay it.

always thought that it was bad that if soil contains vegetation it is classed as combustibles and attracts a higher tax also. a friend explained that it is to stop the spread of pernicious weeds (like knotweed) so i can see some logic to it - blanket rules hurt everyone though, not just the few loads that need special attention.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back