Skirting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fresh pine skirting that I don't want to paint with gloss, but also don't want dark wood, nor them turning orange, but want them light and the wood grain showing through. Need to be protected, since it's skirting. Was thinking liming wax after a previous post, chippy then recommended instead an oil. For either, would they then need varnishing? Or any other suggestions?

Sponsored Links
In my experience they will go "orange" if you use any transparent coating. I am not aware of any clear coatings that have sufficient UV inhibitors to prevent the oranging.

I don't think that liming wax will work very well with pine. The grain isn't deep enough to hold the liming wax. You might want to consider applying a white colour wash (eg, really diluted white emulsion) and then applying a clear varnish over the top.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back