Sky dish disaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this correct forum but here goes.
Gust of wind blew over large ladder which in turn smashed into sattelite dish and snapped off the thingy which points to the dish.
Managed to find most of pieces and either superglued plastic bits and refixed others .
Small spirit bubble shows thing out of line but I can fix that, "I think", but should I be looking for a new one or is it relatively easy to fix.
Oh by the way it's a quad line going into the box thing, any advice gladly received.
Ironic isn't it, yesterday Sky rand me up asking if I wanted to take out insurance, told them odds of it happening did not justify insurance :oops: :oops:

Sponsored Links
It probably wasnt sky calling you but a 2rd party company giving you the impression they were sky. Insurance is never worth it as Sky do a £65 call out to fix any problem.

If its the plastic casing which has broken then repairing it should be ok. Often they have rings in the front of them to focus the signal onto the detector. If any of this has been damaged or you cannot guarantee it has been put back in exactly the same place then I would replace it.

Persoanlly I would just pay the £65 and get Sky out to replace it and realign everything. Otherwise you are looking to get a second hand LNB and manually realigning everything which is not always that simple as the signal may be strong but if it is a little bit out you may have a tendancy to loose some channels.

I'd just replace the quad LNB with a new one pointing in around the right direction, and use the signal meter in the menu on the box to tweak it once pointing about the right way (hint, your neighbours ones will be pointing in generally the right direction!) - less than 65 quid!

Sponsored Links
Sean T & gblades,
Many thanks for your helpful suggestions, problem sorted, :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back