SKY PLC / Comcast

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hold some SKY shares, Ive had them for years, with the Comcast deal going through now Im confused & cant find any forum's where this being discussed.
The offer price is £14.75
The open market prices is £15.13, so a 38p is worth selling on the open market.
What happens if I don't sell I assume I will receive Comcast shares.
Anyone else got Sky shares? would like some thoughts etc.

Sponsored Links
You may get an offer to swap your shares for new shares in the new organisation. Sometimes it is one for one, other times it is not.
Ask your broker.
There will be a deadline to accept the buy price offer of the old shares, otherwise the default will probably be a share for share arrangement.
If you sell on the open market there will be a dealing fee, and maybe a capital tax, depending on any price gain.

I hold some SKY shares, Ive had them for years, with the Comcast deal going through now Im confused & cant find any forum's where this being discussed.
The open market prices is £15.13, so a 38p is worth selling on the open market.
What happens if I don't sell I assume I will receive Comcast shares.
Anyone else got Sky shares? would like some thoughts etc.
If you sell on the open market there will be fees to pay, so may be worth the offer price. I don't have sky shares.

I don't have a broker.
The share dealing price, I can still make more money than accepting the offer, although taking the offer is an easy option.

Sponsored Links
How will you sell your shares without using a broker?
The share dealing price may be higher than your real offer via a broker.
If you wait until you receive the share for share offer you can make your decision then, although the share price may (probably) will change.

How will you sell your shares without using a broker?
The share dealing price may be higher than your real offer via a broker.
If you wait until you receive the share for share offer you can make your decision then, although the share price may (probably) will change.
I cant see a share 4 share offer
https://www.google.co.uk/search?source=hp&ei=yklgW-HuOcfWwALN7o7oBw&q=share+dealing+services+uk&oq=share+dealing+services&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0l3j0i22i30k1l7.1332.7663.0.10223.25.22.0.0.0.0.658.3771.0j3j5j4j0j1.14.0..2..0...1.1.64.psy-ab..11.14.4051.6..3t5i39k1j0i131k1j0i10k1.283.XcnHsf3BWEA

Has the deal been concluded yet?
You may not receive a share for share offer until the deal is very close to conclusion.
It may not be one for one. It could be a multiple for one, or one for a multiple (with a cash top up for left over odd shares).
I think the last such share for share offer that I can remember was (I think Santander for Alliance) one Santander share for something like four Alliance shares.
Compare the two current share prices to gain an approximate idea of what the share offer may be.

I just looked, it may be a one Comcast for two Sky, or two for three, three for four, something like that.

Last edited:
Has the deal been concluded yet?
You may not receive a share for share offer until the deal is very close to conclusion.
It may not be one for one. It could be a multiple for one, or one for a multiple (with a cash top up for left over odd shares).
I think the last such share for share offer that I can remember was (I think Santander for Alliance) one Santander share for something like four Alliance shares.
Compare the two current share prices to gain an approximate idea of what the share offer may be.

I just looked, it may be a one Comcast for two Sky, or two for three, three for four, something like that.
Reading again, I think there is a dividend payable also, the difference in value ie their offer / broker is about +£500 to me, dealing charges are very small.

The dividend payable has a date attached, you must hold the shares on that date to qualify for the dividend.
Are you saying that if you sold the shares on the open market it would be £500 more than the current offer from Comcast? You do need to actually fix a price with a broker rather than assuming you would get the current share price offered. Normally they buy a little cheaper and sell a bit dearer.
upload_2018-7-31_20-5-38.png

Does that mean Comcast are offering a straight payment for your Sky shares? That price may change yet until the deal is finally done.
I would have thought that they would offer an alternative share for share offer at the same time as a cash offer for your shares. That may follow when the deal is finalised.

OOI, do you have certificated shares and are you using a UK broker to sell them? What charges? My budget dealer won't handle US certificates any more.

The open market prices is £15.13

that will be because the market is gambling that there will be another bid, pushing the price up.

The gossip I hear is that Comcast and Disney have now stopped trying to outbid each other. I don't know what the latest Disney bid is.

that will be because the market is gambling that there will be another bid, pushing the price up.

The gossip I hear is that Comcast and Disney have now stopped trying to outbid each other. I don't know what the latest Disney bid is.
The offer CANT be retracted, It may not be accepted, by the city parting with the stock.

Without the advice from your broker or Financial advisor, you will have to keep abreast of the developing situation and make your own decision, keeping in touch with other share holders, for their opinion. Anyone without an interest is hardly likely to keep up-to-date on the progress.
You could transfer your shares to a broker. Just obtain the share certificate and submit it to a broker.

Sponsored Links
Back