SKY Wireless adapter problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I have recently purchased the sky wireless adapter so that I can watch on demand sky tv. But I can't seem to get it to connect with my router. I have BT home hub and all my other things connect to it fine, kindle, ipad, etc so I know it is not a password problem.

When you go to the Network section it just says:

Local connection: Fail
Service Connection: Fail
IP address: 0.0.0.0

The trouble shoot on the sky website is rubbish and of no help. So thought I would try here.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old thread so assume you've got it working but for anyone stumbling across this from a google search I thought I'd add my reply.

Assuming the wireless connector is powered up and connected by Ethernet to your sky+ hd box then it sounds like you need to switch on the broadband connection in the settings menu.

Press:

Services, Down, Left, Left.

You should now be on the Customise Tab. Go down to Broadband Network Connection and change to ON.

You should now be able to connect your wireless connector to your router.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back