Slam Shut Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a composite door fitted. The door is dark blue and bows when hit by the sun. The bow is within manufactures tolerance as far as I can tell. The door is fitted with a slam shut door mechanism with ‘trigger’ top and bottom latches. Currently the top and bottom keeps allow for the door bow. Should the keeps be adjusted to stop the door bowing or will this stop the latches triggering when the door gets hot? Probably over thinking it but sometimes the door is tight to open.

Sponsored Links
Is there a guarantee for the door if things get worse?

The advice is engage the full locking mechanism when closed to prevent (further) bowing i.e. top and bottom locks as well as centre.

Blup

Thanks, there is a guarantee if things get worse. The top and bottom locks automatically fire, ie I don’t have to lift a handle. Unsure how much slack should be in the keeps?

Sponsored Links
You ideally want it as tight as you can get away with without stopping the door from slamlocking. This will stop any more movement hopefully

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back