slat opening mechanism repairable?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have aluminium shutters with little winders that open and close the slats - however, each and every one (4) has broken!
As turning they stopped suddenly and wouldn't move at all, when wound with slightly more force something obviously gave inside and now the winding machinsm thing just winds round loose and the slats don't move. Luckily all but one has the slats in the closed position.
They are approx 3 years old and only opened by an adult each morning and closed each evening (there are no children in the house) - should this have happened, is it repairable for me to call the installers? I'd like some info so they can't give me a load of flannel. Any constructive comments more than welcomed. Many thanks in advance :(

Sponsored Links
Sorry for the delay, internet been down. They are aluminium frames with "slats" which open and close - like an old fashioned "shutter"? I wouldn't really call them blinds, they're on the outside of the windows.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back