Slate floors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:confused: Hi there

I am looking at laying a real slate floor after my new kitchen has been installed. I have heard that slate needs to be sealed- does anyone know if this is correct?

Also I am considering laying the slate throughout the whole of the downstairs of my house as its open plan. Many people have advised me that having a slate floor in my living room is not a great idea as this could put people off when i come to sell the house.

Anyone got any experiences of slate floors? Would it put you off if the lounge and kitchen floors were in slate?

Sponsored Links
Rich957 said:
I am looking at laying a real slate floor after my new kitchen has been installed. I have heard that slate needs to be sealed- does anyone know if this is correct?
It is correct.

Would it put you off if the lounge and kitchen floors were in slate?
Not personally, because I like it, but you need to either consult lots of people or ask an agent what sells and what doesn't.

Softus said:
Not personally, because I like it....
Same here - my downstairs is tiled throughout and I definitely have no regrets (although dropped glasses have no chance on tiles - carpet is a softer landing).
If you sell you house and the new owner doesn't like the floor, they can either take them up or lay an alternative over the top. Your house, you have what you want.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back