slate tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have some reclaimed slate tiles, bout half cm thick, and wanted to cut them to use as place mats. What is best way to cut them, would angle grinder be ok?

Sponsored Links
Hi i have some reclaimed slate tiles, bout half cm thick, and wanted to cut them to use as place mats. What is best way to cut them, would angle grinder be ok?

Something like this would give you straight lines:

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Pai...mond Wheel Wet Tile Cutter/d150/sd3286/p10565

I've used something similar to cut up slate for a floor, but also to cut spare tiles into 4 inch squares for a splashback, which sounds similar to what you're doing.

Cheers
Richard

Do not know your location but if your in the South West Trago Mills do a nice metal framed diamond bench saw for twenty quid.

Sponsored Links
an angle grinder with a diamond blade will cut them very easily. Slate is relatively soft.

Cutting the with a cheap blade can sometimes cause thin slate to delaminate because of the vibrations.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back