Slatted Cladding over Facia Boards?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

New to the forum and wanted to pick a couple of brains if possible.

I have a semi detached house that has facia boards white that run across the house, We are looking to have horizontal slatted boards fitted, I can provide pictures of my house if needed but wondered if possible to fit these over the excising facia boards as I don't particularly want to take them down in case I uncover a load of nasties
1690299233088.png

Sponsored Links
I can imagine those types of fascia boards to look a bit skanky in no time with all those ledges to collect the dirt. You need to investigate what's there before you cover everything up, as you say could be a load of nasties and you make things worse by encapsulating them.

Sponsored Links
Here is a picture of what the current facia boards look like.

Attachments

• IMG_20230727_143535.jpg
    IMG_20230727_143535.jpg
    369.1 KB · Views: 42
They look to be soffit boards, personally prefer them vertical , collect less grime.

They look to be soffit boards, personally prefer them vertical , collect less grime.
They are a nightmare to clean, Do you think I can put the cladding picture above over the top of them without removing the white boards?

They are a nightmare to clean, Do you think I can put the cladding picture above over the top of them without removing the white boards?
Would not be a good idea. You won’t know where you can fix them and they’re all stand proud of the windows which means the window frames would need to be build out.
Would look a mess .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back