sliding folding doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently bought some wooden sliding folding doors and find they are very hard to shut as you have to pull them very hard in order to push the bolts into place. The manufacturer assures me that they will "bed in" and become easier to shut.

Has anyone got similar doors and have you found that they do "bed in" and get easier to close?

Kayc

Sponsored Links
kayc said:
I recently bought some wooden sliding folding doors and find they are very hard to shut as you have to pull them very hard in order to push the bolts into place. The manufacturer assures me that they will "bed in" and become easier to shut.
Why is it harder to shut, is it because it's a tight fitting or the runner an the splinde are dry?

Sponsored Links
we had wooden for 5 years and they were always troublesome - they didn't perform in the heat, the cold or the wet.
honestly! what's left?

we've also had pvc french doors and they don't seem to be trouble free either - especially in hot weather when you have to slam them home to close them.

finally, we found powder coated thermally broken aluminium sliding folding doors (bit of a mouthful!) and we are satisfied!!! coming up to our 3rd year and still operating sweetly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back