Sliding gate system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any recommendations?

My gate fitter has suggested Came

Called the first online supplier they reckon ARES as they have a really sensitive torque or resistance sensing 'widget'.

I am going to ensure ir beams are fitted anyway but just wondered if anyone else had thoughts on this?

THanks

Sponsored Links
Depends on buget ! Came and faac have uk tech support , many of the others don't ! Bear this in mind

We use Came. They have "amperometric" sensing too. However, if you get any physical resistance from joins in the track or rack, you'll need to wind this up. So beams are essential and I'd recommend at least one of those 'safety edge' things (a rubber covered tensioned wire connected to a microswitch). If you install the gate system yourself, you will be personally responsible for any injuries caused by the "machine", under EU law, so make sure that you consider all the places where there could be a crushing or shearing hazard.

I've also worked on BFT kit which seems okay. The controller needs programming but it has a display which makes things easier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back