Slight bounce in new engineered wood floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a new engineered wood floor installed (glueless), spanning over the old floorboard floor and a new concrete floor in the recently built extension. There is a slight bounce in the region of transition betwen the two sections, despite assurances from the builder that the floors have been levelled, is there any remedy that is needed and could be carried out at this point? Or should I not worry and expect that all real wood floors suffer from this one way or another?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Just as in 1 - 2 days ago?
Every floor needs to settle, so see if this bounce is still there after the weekend before doing anything at all to it.

Thanks WoodYouLike,
The floor has been down for over a week and it feels to me that this bounce is because of teh difference in level in teh two sections of teh floor. Is there anything I can do now without removing the planks?

Sponsored Links
Hi Mirund, I see you're in Birmingham (as am I), can you divulge who you used to lay the floor? Did they give a guarantee on fitting?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back