Slight change of layout to top floor of three storey house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone could give me a little bit of advice please...

This is the top floor of my three storey house, built in 2001:

I am hoping to block up the doorway between the dressing room and the bedroom and add a new door into the dressing room from the landing (along the small wall - it would be pretty much the whole width of the existing wall). This would be to make it into a bedroom and a study. Could this be a problem with fire regs etc? I know the new door would need to be a fire door but I am not sure if there is anything else that could pose a problem. The other thing is that the "door" between the dressing room and bedroom is in fact a large open archway, if that makes any difference.

Even better would be to actually bring the dressing room a bit further out into the bedroom (next to the fitted wardrobes if you see what I mean), if that would be possible...

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Many thanks for reading,

Laura

Sponsored Links
Yes, I assumed OP was concerned about fire regs only. The room would, of course, need a window (though not an escape window).

Sponsored Links
That's promising, thank you. It does have a velux window currently :)
I'm a little worried about structure but it only has the roof space above it, so hoping that changing the (plasterboard) wall to a door shouldn't really be a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back