Slip couplings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Reading through my trusty DIY manual, I notice it refers to 'slip couplings' which enable new sections of tube to be positioned in a really rigid pipe run where it's impossible to 'spring' the new section in.
A casual glance at the Screwfix catalogue doesn't appear to show such a thing as a slip coupling. Do you guys know of such a beast and do they come in 15/22mm, compression and or solder? Oh and where do you get em :eek:

Sponsored Links
You can make a slip coupler yourself in 15mm or 22mm.
Take an end feed coupler and file the inside 'stop' flat with a round file until the whole of the coupler slides along the pipe.
Bit painstaking but works, make sure when fitting the fitting is equal on both pipes being joined :)

Depends on the coupling, but you can usually hammer a bit of pipe straight through and push the stop out of the way. Helps if tube is softened by heating first. BES.LTD.UK do them in endfeed. CONEX do compression versions. I keep meaning to try a 15mm flatbit to drill a comp coupling - they're useful things and small merchants never stock them.

Sponsored Links
Give me a call. I just got a whole bag of regular 15mm EF couplings which are mostly 'slip' - by accident! Cheap rubbish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back