slow cold tap flow plzz help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all,
can any one please help cold water is running slowly only seems to be upstairs that is affected,
may be slight drop downstairs?.
only work that has been done recently is both ball valves in loft tanks.
hot water fine but slow flow into loft tank. help appriec thanks

Sponsored Links
does your cold water upstairs come from the loft tank? And cold wayer downstairs from the mains?

and do you mean that the loft tank is full but cold water is flowing slowly?

But you say hot pressure is OK? And is also fed from the same loft tank?

Then look in the loft tank for an obstruction in the outlet at the bottom, such as a drowned rat, pigeon or squirrel; or some loft insulation

If you have recently drained he cold tank, there might be an airlock in the pipes preventing good flow.

When did the flow stop being good?

thanks for the reply mate, checked for the dreaded drowned rat but thankfully not.2 tanks in loft small 1 for c/h big for hot water not sure if does cold taps didn't seem to drop when taps were on?but flow from ball valve very slow even when pushed down both are new.toilet also very slow to refill and hot water ok but emersion heater slow to refill.also unable to use electic shower due to low pressure.

loft tanks full , cold taps upstairs feed from loft i think?.
garden tap also fine.
have tried back bleeding cold taps made no difference.
cheers

Sponsored Links
i think after i changed ball valves problem started or at least got worse

aha

When you changed the ball valves, i bet you closed a stop cock somewhere.

Check if it is fully open

sometimes they get stiff and you need to wind them back and forth, preferably wearing leather gloves; sometimes they fail or break part-open.

Did the stop-cock turn off the supply to the kitchen sink?

What is the flow like at the kitchen sink?

thanks john d
downstairs and outside taps /water pressure ok
all cold water supply from main stop cock outside house this is the one i used only upstairs affected

dunno then

let's see who else comes along

thanks john, off weekend will get more involed then.or just give up and call plummer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back