Slow-filling toilet, SIAMP fittings

Great Advice Keego. I wish I'd seen this thread before i ordered a whole new filling system. Luckily I saw it before I fitted it so I went to B and Q and got a valve and fixed my issue with a lot less hassle than replacing the whole mechanism.

Thanks goodness for the distance selling act so I can send the replacement mechanism back.

--
Cheers
Chris

Sponsored Links
Hello
I also fixed mine by replacing the washer, but the little flap at the end of the arm that is attached to the mentioned nut doesn't close tightly enough and water drip slowly form here. If I push it gently with my finger it closes properly. I'm just worried this drip will eventually fill and overflow the tank...

I hope this thread is still active. I have exactly this problem. The washer looked perfect but Siamp advised me to fit a new one. I did this but the problem is still there. I would like to do more but I cannot figure out how the valve works. Where does the water leave the valve ? What is the purpose of the tiny hole that is closed off when the float rises. Any help would be appreciated.

My washer in the plunger on the side of my valve (99B or similar, like the one the OP pictured) appears to be OK, but water comes in fairly slowly and keeps filling till it overflows the outlet valve. It doesn't do this every time, sometimes it cuts out OK.

Like Crocket who replied to the OP first, my local Plumber's Merchant advised me to take the top and potentially the bottom off the valve and look for dirt which may be restricting flow. I can't work out how to get the top off.

Kind regards

Peter

Sponsored Links
I have just signed up to this wonderful site but solved the problem myself beforehand by replacing the seal as recommended. However, be careful. I decided whilst I had the value float arm and head apart I would give it a quick clean up as well. Just beneath the float arm lever is what appears to be a clear silicon rubber 'bung'. ( I discovered this on the second toilet when replcaing the seal) This dropped out and was lost without me realising. I have tried to find a replacement but without luck. Unless I find a suitable replacement it appears a complete valve is the only option! :!:

Thanks for the comment about the silicon rubber... as soon as i read it, i remembered picking it up on the floor and wondering where it came from shortly after my first attempt to repair my cistern! found it, replaced it and i believe i am now ok! :D

I had the same problem and was about to buy a new inlet valve when I found this post. Ordered a replacement washer on ebay for abour £2.50, which arrived a couple of days later and within 10 minutes, job done. Many thanks for saving me a lot of time and money.

Had same problem re slow filling - think it is a dodgy seal as others mentioned here - seal not split but appears worn in the centre - so I've wrapped the black seal 3 times in cling film and pushed the White plastic part through the seal - used the point of a knife to nip cling film in centre to make it easier to push plastic through - been working a few days now - awaiting new seal

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back