sludge buildup in expansion tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting a build up of a clear jelly like substance in my feed and expansion tank for the central heating. It's a new system with all the correct system cleaners and inhibitors in. I've emptied the tank washed it out and refilled it and added a fresh dose of fernox, but still after about 6-8 weeks the build up is back. The worst part is it sticks to the float in the tanks and causes it to sink, and overflow, so i can't really trust it and have to keep checking it every week. Any ideas on whats causing it and how to prevent it :confused: ??

Sponsored Links
Did you flush the cleaner out.

When you tip the Fernox in did you drain some water out so it went into the system.

Drain it out and use Sentinel with a biocide.

Can't be simpler; as it is a new system, get the installer to have a look at it. Effort free as well as cost free.

Your not by any chance just tipping additives into tank without draining and pulling them into system.

Sponsored Links
has the f and e tank got a suitably approved bylaw 30 kit fitted to it :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back