Sludge remover/Corrosion inhibitor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was advised when I had my boiler serviced to get some sludge remover into the system via a radiator and run the heating for a couple of days and then drain it all out and add some inhibitor as the hot water doesn't hold a consistent temperature and they said it could be sludge in the heat exchanger. What is the best way to add the sludge remover? Would it be through the bleed valve?
Cheers
Neil

Sponsored Links
depends on the system

you can get a cartridge that you inject via the bleed valve

14400622.jpg
;)

What is the best way to add the sludge remover? Would it be through the bleed valve?
The best way is to inject it via the blanked off radiator port - if you use the end with the vent then don't use the gel product because it makes it gums up the vent for a while and makes it impossible to vent without getting goo over yourself and the rad.

Sponsored Links
What is the best way to add the sludge remover? Would it be through the bleed valve?
The best way is to inject it via the blanked off radiator port - if you use the end with the vent then don't use the gel product because it makes it gums up the vent for a while and makes it impossible to vent without getting goo over yourself and the rad.

more rubbish

you are on borrowed time goldberk :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back