Slugs

S

Shutpa

Dozens of slugs have invaded my lawn at the back of the house. Kids are very reluctant to pick them up so I've been doing that and dropping them in a bucket of weak bleach solution. I know that I can put pellets around plants but I don't know how to tackle the lawn problem apart from what I'm doing already. Any answers?

Sponsored Links
salt on them is intersting.

a "road" of sand also puts them off as they have no legs

pellets work on lawns

if you think they are walking onro the lawn from somewhere else you can scatter pellets along their route

pellets do not stand up well to rain

scatter them, don't put them in heaps.

keep adding more pellets and the slug population will drop.

pellets work on lawns

if you think they are walking onro the lawn from somewhere else you can scatter pellets along their route

pellets do not stand up well to rain

scatter them, don't put them in heaps.

keep adding more pellets and the slug population will drop.

Lawn is about 40m sq. but will have a go JohnD.

Sponsored Links
Use pellets, these are a very effective way of killing all manner of animals and birds. Groan!!!!

http://www.cjwildlifeforum.com/showthread.php?t=54 when you looked at this, see this http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...=Google+Search&meta=cr=countryUK|countryGBfor a few more references and then realise that humans are not the only species on the planet, and what the hell do you want to kill them for anyway? They might offend your sensibilities, but they are a food source for others.

If you want to do something useful, kill grey squirrels. I understand they make a good casserole.

encourage birds into the garden, they will eat them.
My mum always used half a grapefruit skin,leave it out overnight and in the morning slug would be underneath, to dispose of as you wish. Does nobody any harm, plus you get a healthy grapefruit for breakfast!
regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back