Small basins - pointers and recommendations?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been toying with the idea of fitting a small hand basin in our separate toilet - we live in a 50s bungalow with a separate toilet/bathroom, and it seems to have been the vogue to have a toilet without any direct means of washing your hands...

The thing is, space is very limited in the toilet, so I need something as small as possible. I've done a bit of a Google about, but I wondered whether anyone had any recommendations?

Sponsored Links
What about a caravan type unit? They are small. The on problem with small is it is difficult to keep the water in the basin, as it splashes outside easily.

Oooo...good idea, wouldn't have thought of that! A bit of Googling with "caravan" does indeed throw up some possibles...thanks.

you can get a corner basin, or one that slots into a cavity wall.

Not keen on either, but they do take up very little room.

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
...or one that slots into a cavity wall.

Now, I had thought of that too, although largely based on seeing that type of basin in supermarkets/McDonalds etc :confused: However...I couldn't find any when searching - any idea where you might find such a thing? I feel like I'm missing a key term here in searching for examples on-line - such as "wall inset" or some such thing - but no joy...

Well, alot of searching around and I've still not thrown-up much.

Any idea where I might be able to find a basin that can slots into a cavity wall?

freddymercurystwin said:
What about the one 3rd down on the left: http://www.ideal-standard.co.uk/homeowner/productcatalogue.aspx?r=1&m=25&s=1#569[/QUOTE]

Ahh, that's interesting - thanks :D . That's the first "proper" basin I've seen of a very small size and definitely something worth sizing up.

I'm still intrgued by something that might fit into a cavity wall...anyone know of any info available on-line? Doubtless this isn't a great idea and would be more work than is worth it, but the idea of saving as much space as possible does appeal to me...[/i]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back