small leak from 'underneath' of toilet...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just moved into my new house and all ready found a fault! Guess nothing is perfect.

It's a small leak in the bathroom from the toilet. Underneath the 'toilet pan' are two nuts each side (twist ones, which you twist with hand) and they are quite rusty.

When I flush the toilet a few drops of water come from the right hand side nut, only a few drops find but nevertheless it needs sorting.

I drained the toilet and had a good luck around and from looking with a torch there appears to be a small seal within the small space between the ceramic 'tank' which holds the water and the underside of the toilet it's bolted to.

I've opened the pan as I mentioned and drained it all and there is a big 'white thing' in the middle of the toilet so it looks like it could be the seal for that.

Does anybody have any suggestions how to sort it, where would I obtain the seal from and what seal do you think I would need?

Excuse the non-technical language, I don't know a lot about toilets :LOL:

Regards

BW

Sponsored Links
Google "doughnut washer" - these kits are available from any DIY shop or plumbers merchants for a few quid.

As for the wing nuts, spray wd40, hope and curse I'm afraid.

Hi mate, thanks for the quick response.

So this 'doughnut washer' seals the link between the 'bottom' of the toilet and the part holding the water yeah?

I'll also get 2 new wing nuts then for each side.

I think It'll be Tuesday now as B&Q/Homebase ain't open tomorrow

Regards

BW

Sponsored Links
Buy the whole kit
85615.jpg

I would have posted a picture - but I'm new on here and don't know how.

Thank you both very much for your help & advice.

It's much appreciated. I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow.

Regards

BW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back