Small gap remains after laying laminate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just sucessfully laid my first ever laminate flooring. All 25 sq meters of it. While the room was still full of furniture. :eek: I have used the proper DPM and green fibre boards to give the best soundproofing and good level finish. Went down easier than I thought it would.

I have removed skirting to give a better finish (plus skirting needed replacing with something decent and with a decent finish).

Got the the end and found that were it nearly meets the other wall the gap tapers. So much so that any skiting covering it would leave a gap at one side. A found out today that I can no longer kneel or crouch.

Some options:

1) Try and move the whole floor at one side to try and level the gap. is enough at other side (floor unlikley to move its full of furniture and i would have to standing on the floor). :confused:

2) Lift the floor and re do it, or some of it. errrm dont think so. :eek: :evil: :eek:

3) Put on skirting then edging strips (however was wanting to avoid edging strips, which is why i took the skirting off in the first place. :(

4) Use the remaining pack of laminate and create a long thin strip to fill the gap (probably about 3/4 board lengths). This also crosses the doorway. Probably about 2/3 cm at one side tapering to about 1cm :(

5) Try and find really thick skirting :D

Any suggestions

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back