Small leak following dual flush replacement.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I just wondered if I could have some advice from the more experienced. Everything went fine, but the bolt that secures the cistern to the toilet is leaking. Do I continue to tighten it up in the hope that it seals? Do I replace it with a metal one? Oddly the base of the nut is not flush with the surface as you might be able to see in the photo. Maybe they have an angle designed into them and I didn't notice. I used sealer too! Thank you..

Attachments

• PXL_20231112_160741811.jpg
    PXL_20231112_160741811.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 25
Sponsored Links
The rubber seal inside the cistern ,under the bolt, may need replacing, do both bolts .
Did you fit a new donut washer in between cistern and pan ? Sometimes if that leaks it can appear down the bolt and mislead you.

Thanks Terry yes I put a new donut washer in. There's a slight tilt to the right too so I wonder if it's not seated too well. I'll do the bolts first!

Sponsored Links
Thanks Andy. Yes I have already ordered something very similar. The existing bolts rely entirely on the flimsy plastic bolt for pressure. There is no locking nut. I'm sure I can fix it now..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back