Small page when opening from a link

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

Running xp pro

When I open pages from the same site, the new page opens to the correct size.
When I click on a link, the page opens tall and narrow, so I then have to maximise the page each time.

Does anyone know how I can solve this.

Thanks.

Andy. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Open the page and when it appears as a smaller that full screen window, left click and hold the bottom right hand corner and drag it to the bottom of the screen where you want it.
Repeat with the top left corner so that the page now fills the screen.
Close the window using the File -> Exit/Close from the toolbar and NOT the red button.

Reopen the page and it should show as full screen, if it does, you can now use the red button to close it in future.

dave

Found this which may work. Sounds like you may have set it to Tile Windows vertically.

Minimise all windows except for one of the small IE Windows. Right click on an empty space on the task bar (the bar at the bottom with the Start button) and click "Tile Windows Vertically". Now that one IE window should fill most of the screen. Hold down Ctrl and click on the X in the corner of the IE window. Now when you start IE or open a new IE window it should open the same size

Sponsored Links
Keep strethcning it to size you want it. Not maximise it... obviously. Then close down Internet Explorer or whatever. Repeat till it works. Try clsoing browser with the full sized stretched screen onscreen...

Back