Small roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like some advise if possible please.I am about to construct a small tiled roof app 2.5m wide x1.6m deep.The roof will slope from the house onto a concrete shed roof,the wall plate onto the house is straight forward,but i would like to know the best way to attach the "roof" plate onto the shed {flat} roof in order to get a good water tight seal.I hope this question is understandable,thankyou.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for reply Masona.How do i submit a drawing ? : :confused:

Hi

You need to host the picture somewhere 1st,i do mine through aol.

Then when you type your message in just press the img box above then close tags when you have done

example.

picture.jpg

If you cant do it then email the picture to me at [email protected] and i shall list it for you

Andy

Sponsored Links
You should plug and screw or rawlbolt the wallplate down to the concrete roof - after removing the felt beneath it.

You will have to flash up this wallplate and fascia if you are fitting it, and this will seal it to the existing roof

Whether you use lead or actual bonded felt will depend on the slope of the flat roof, but I suspect bonded felt will be better. Don't forget to fit a timber cocking strip to reduce the 90deg angle at the roof connection

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back