Small tank in loft boiling

How much did the pump fitter spank them for?
I guess that they tried to fix a fault by fitting a new pump rather than diagnose the problem correctly. IE blocked pipe as mentioned earlier.

If you have the energy for a fight ring them back.

Sponsored Links
did you not read Old Buffy's post?

No I had not.

The first mention of a gas boiler was after my post. Hence I was considering the immersion heater and / or a back boiler as the source of heat.

Pump fitted the wrong way round is a possible reason for the over heating as the boiler's temperature sensor and over heat safety cut out will be monitoring the water returning to the boiler and not the water leaving the boiler.

Sponsored Links
No I had not.

The first mention of a gas boiler was after my post. Hence I was considering the immersion heater and / or a back boiler as the source of heat.

Pump fitted the wrong way round is a possible reason for the over heating as the boiler's temperature sensor and over heat safety cut out will be monitoring the water returning to the boiler and not the water leaving the boiler.

Except, Bern, the OP mentioned the seller of 2 tanks.

But I will allow that you may, and probably were, writing as OB was posting

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back