Small works insurance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im getting some work done on Wednesday and was wondering (aside from the traders PI liability) if there is any type of insurance that can go somewhat towards insuraning against bad workmanship? I would think there is nothing of the sort apart the traders own insurance/regulatory body/courts etc, but thought I would still ask.

Sponsored Links
Best plan is to deal with bad workmanship the moment it appears. That way you won't have to worry about it later.

So in other words you want to address a problem before it exists,

rather a lack of confidence in the person you have asked to carry out the work.

Sponsored Links
You can't insure against bad workmanship - even the installers insurer won't pay out for doing a bad job!

was wondering if there is any type of insurance that can go somewhat towards insuraning against bad workmanship?

It is possible to have poor quality work but be Building Reg's compliant.

It is also possible to have seemingly good quality work only to fail Building Regulations.

I'm not sure what you are guarding against here but a blanket coverage of 'workmanship' may not exist as there are too many variables. You may however get coverage against legal costs should you wish to pursue a case against a tradesman in court etc.

Your remit would need to be explicit. Ambiguity is your enemy here and is the reason you would not get any sensible insurance.

Back