smc controller 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My system has a SMC Controller 2 pump with 1 inlet, 2 outlets.
Now grinding away and needs replacing.
Wierd system ? What to do ? Help anyone ?
Keith

Sponsored Links
I am told that does the job of a motor valve!

Do you have a proper pump as well? If so then whats the problem?

Tony

Sponsored Links
My system has a SMC Controller 2 pump with 1 inlet, 2 outlets. Now grinding away and needs replacing.
Wierd system ? What to do ? Help anyone ?
Keith

The SMC control pack consisted of a circulating pump for the heating fitted to the boiler flow, on the outlet of this pump a SMC
controller was fitted by means of a 3/4" barrel nipple to it`s inlet whilst it`s outlet connected to the rediator circuit. On the top of the controller casing was a 1/2" connection for the hot water primary connection to the indirect cylinder. When there was a call for hot water the controller would circulate heat through the cylinder while the central heating pump would satisfy the radiator circuit via the controller when there was a call for heating.

Unfortunately the SMC controller is no longer avaiable, to my knowledge, and therefore your only solution is to remove it, as it sounds as if the bearings are knackered, and fit either the "Y" plan system with a three port valve or the "S" plan with two 2 port spring return valves. You will also need to remove the check valve and replace the SMC clock as this is not suitable for the wiring plans. It would be advisable to also renew the central heating pump.

spraggo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back