Smeg dishwasher

Unfortunately I have the same problem, have done everything suggest but to no avail - does this mean a faulty pressure switch or pcb?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi, I did get to the bottom of my E2 code fault and sorted it no problem.
I will have to tell the whole story though or it will not make sense.
When I first installed my dishwasher (3 or 4 years ago now) I screwed one of those self cutting taps into the pipe (not a good idea). Well the thing must have gotten clogged up over the years so my initial fault was an E5 water intake fault which I sorted by installing a proper washing machine t-valve into the pipe. Soon after this the E2 code started appearing and got to the point where it happened every time. I would have never thought the 2 problems could be related but after much searching on the net found this " E2 - This defect can be caused by, but not only, high water pressure or a defective pressure switch
which is sometimes referred to as a pressostat level and is located underneath the appliance." Hey presto turned down the intake lever a bit and away it went. No problems since. What a plonker I felt!
I hope this is of help to you since it took days of searching on the net to find this simple answer!

Cheers, Magnus.

hi all
i am getting an E8 error message on my dishwasher.
i have tried the reset without success.
any sugestions from anyone?
kind regards
Dean

can i join in :D i'm getting an E6 water pump out error, is there a reset for this, the pump is humming but i have no idea if the impeller is spinning, also where is the pump situated ie do i go through the bottom to get to it etc

Sponsored Links
E1 - 1st flashing, 5th lit - flood protection system activated.
E2 - 2nd flashing, 5th lit - safety pressure switch activated.
E3 - 1st, 2nd flashing, 5th lit - no heat in time allowed.
E4 - 3rd flashing, 5th lit - temperature sensor fault.
E5 - 1st, 3rd flashing, 5th lit - no fill.
E6 - 2nd, 3rd flashing, 5th lit - no drain in time allowed.
E7 - 1st, 2nd, 3rd flashing - flow meter detected when not fitted - reset required.
E9 - same code as E1, so how you tell the difference is beyond me, but is a related fault to E1 + E2.

Reset Procedure
Switch on and press the programme button 4 times, within 3 seconds. The 1st and 5th lamps should light........ You may have to do this several times before it works! Assuming that it does, switch off, count to 10, switch on and run the rinse programme only.

Be advised that solenoid failure/ breakdown/poor connections can corrupt the board and cause unlisted faults.

Sort of thread hi-jack - as the title says I'm getting the only error code not listed in a previous posting on this thread - I have cleaned, checked for leaks and blockages and drained the salt container but have yet to re-fill it.....as I don't ever remember seeing a manual (my wife has a habit of tidying these sort of things away) is it just telling me I am out of salt or is it something else ?

Thanks in advance.

Woe is me...

I have a Smeg DW64 SSE, I'm getting an E5 error messsage. Have checked that the pipes aren't blocked & all the standard stuf but it just won't fill with water.

Please help :(

Just to say thanks to Sleepyhead for suggesting a fix for the above. It was an old post (2009)! but it has worked. Nice to know A Man Who Can!. Thanks again.

Hi, i have a Smeg DF614BE dishwasher that keeps faulting after a few mins e8- alternate washing system malfunction. i have researched the internet and traced it to the alternate valve, as instructed i tested the valve with my multi meter and the micro switch is switching and the disc/gears appear fully functional but the fault persists?? help??

My Dishwasher does all sorts of things, many error codes. Engineer called today and diagnosed the alternate valve. It has been leaking into the micro switch on top of it which seems able to short the pcb and give lots of different error codes. My machine would work fine after a day of rest. The engineer says its because the switch has dried out. The alternate valve has crud around the gear housing and micro switch housing. The engineer says its a really common fault and can trick the machine to thinking there is too much water or not enough, no heat, etc.

Smeg dishwasher fault e6
I knew I had a drain problem as water was sitting in bottom of the machine. Appliance failed to reset, so unplugged, scooped and sponged out sump. Then removed bottom front cover (2 clips) which reveals drain pump. This was very easily removed by bayonet twist after depressing a lock tab. This revealed a small shard of glass which was jamming the pump impeller. Removed glass, refitted pump and restarted. All sorted in 10mins. (And 2 days research!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back