SMEG HOB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all...

We have a SMEG electric hob..touch control (im not a fan of these things but the wife loved it!)

All has been well for a couple of years..but now we notice the word ''h.i.t.e' flashing where the tempreture control numbers are..and the thing switches off...either the that or 'h.t' will flash...

It doesnt mean 'hot' by the way...another warning light tells us that..

Any ideas would be well received..

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Well...like most electicals that use touch sensitive controls...I think its facked!..

It turns on...warms up...then 'h'i't'e appears after five minutes..and off it all goes..
:evil:

Not bad after 3 years! :rolleyes:

Not too common but I have seen some with heat damage on the controls underneath. (the touch controls warp or get steam/condensation on them after they have been running for a while and go 'cookey' so to speak).

Poor solder joints are another cause and can sometimes be recitified by looking and doing some re soldering on the PCB.

without looking though I could not be sure

Cheers Leccy...yeh I think it says in the manual that the h.i.t.e symbols are an indication of a problem with those controls...so it could be repaired or is it a write off?...I think the hob set us back about 3-400 quid...so its a bit extravagent to just scrap it and buy another one

This has been happening for the best part of a year now..slowly getting worse...for a name like smeg I expected more tbh

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back