SMEG KSEV905X Cooker Hood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This morning the lights in my cooker hood have stopped working. As far as I can see there's only one power feed to the hood and the extractor fan is working OK so power should be getting through. I've changed the two bulbs (12v halogen jobbies) and still no joy. Cant see a way to get behind the fitments.
Can anyone out there advise me please ?
Thanks
Bazza

Sponsored Links
Does the lights come on with the fan or is it a separate switch, after seeing a few cooker hoods with dodgy connections on the switches and boards they are mounted on I would look there

The lights have separate press button on and press button off switches - independent from the fan. The back of the switches seems to be in a sealed unit because I can't see a way to get at it. Any advice ?

Sponsored Links
I have not worked with that model but quite often the whole switch unit comes out (usually held in with a couple of screws inside the hood cavity)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back