smeg washer dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
model wdi 16 ba - wasnt pumping water back out - assumed a blockage - flushed all relevant pipes and cleared pump - put back together and managed to get water in the base which i assume has a water leakage cutout switch attached - how do i reset? is it the same procedure as for the smeg dishwasher posted on here? - error code E04 by the way - thanks

Sponsored Links
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Late Smeg washing machines and washer dryers, also covers Smeg manufactured rebadged machines

E1 Water loss safety device
E2 Anti-spilling device (only outside washing program)
E4 NTC water in short circuit or interrupted
E5 No load
E6 No drain
E10 Motor overcurrent
E11 Motor control triac in short circuit or interrupted
E12 Tachometer
E13 PTC door block
E14 NTC dryer in short circuit or interrupted
E - Interface communication problem – mother board
E - Card hardware malfunctioning

Sponsored Links
NTC stands for negative temperature coefficient, the temperature sensor which is built into the heating element. These don't often go wrong but it is worthwile checking it plus the continuity of it's wiring to the module. Could well be another module failure, which are quite common on these machines.

sorted - combination of three year olds clothes being stuffed with jigsaw pieces and me being heavy handed with the thermostat wiring underneath whilst clearing the blockage - again many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back