smells like holidays...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've managed to re-create the sense of being on holiday in corfu..
it's great..

start off with a breakfast of fried hotdogs ( they don't have proper sausages over there for some reason.. ) and smoked backon on a cob..
then slather on some piz-buin sunblock ( on me, not the breakfast cob.. ), and a nice iced frappe coffee..

it's great..

pitty it's then outside into the sun for a day of fence repair, concrete post setting, and shed painting... :(

Sponsored Links
I've had those posts , arris rails, featheredge, screws, nails, and timber care in the shed for the past 2 years, I've just never gotten round to doing the job..

joe's entitled to his opinions, and I used to share them... I used to call the long term unemployed "dole moles" and say that they ought to go and get jobs, there's plenty out there..

now that I've seen the situation from the other side of the fence so to speak ( and no pun intended ), I can see things are not so cut and dry as most people think..

here in the midlands we have the highest percentage of unemployed thanks to things like Rover closing down etc.. so for every job there's literally hundreds of applicants..

for a recent job at a local museum ( minimum wage ) there were 250 applicants before the job was even officially advertised.. ..

Sponsored Links
hey, who's moderated the thread.. now my replies don't make sense.. I do whish they would stop that..

I really wouldn't bother replying to me joe, I've still got you on ignore due to your rather extreme views on the unemployed..

It's OK mate. It's that public policeman Martian that's clicked the alert mods yet again. He's the forum snitch.

it's not his opinion i object to... it's his manner and the fact he thinks he's a law to himself. Why be rude about such a light-hearted post (no pun intended either :eek: ).

It's OK mate. It's that public policeman Martian that's clicked the alert mods yet again. He's the forum snitch.

well lets let you think that joe.... i's seems to help give your life some meaning :rolleyes:

I re-created my holiday in Rhodes.
Ham and Cheese roll for breakfast, immediately followed by a long cool glass of lager. The only thing I couldn't re-create was the dip in every hotel pool on the walk to the beach + the halfs of lager in each hotel. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Oh' just remembered,,, I couldn't re-create the loud disco vibrating through the walls until 5:30am. The neighbours would have something to say. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Back